Friday, November 18, 2011

Baby it’s (really) Cold Outside! (Part Deux)

Hello Again Blogginistas!

As promised, here is the second part of my MUST-HAVES for this cold weather we are slowly but surely encountering with the BURR months ahead. So let’s get started!

First one of my favorites: flannel button-downs. If I could, I would wear plaid button-down shirts everyday of the week. I think men & women look great in them…they come in every color possible, every price point, and there are several ways to wear them. I typically like to wear them like a button-down shirt…as I see most people wear them the same way. But flannel button-down are also great to layer with graphic or classic tees!

Another one of my loves: cardigans. Again…if I could wear a cardigan with every outfit I would…I’ve owned so many cardis in my lifetime…& they don’t last me because I truly wear them out. Like flannels they are so universal that how could you not own one?! They make an outfit pop when they are printed or colored & are also professional looking. Keeping on the subject of cold weather clothes…cardigans are awesome to layer with & keep you warm! They’re also a great option when you know you’ll be in a place that may warm up, so you can easily take the cardi off! (you can’t do that with a sweater!)

Next, make sure you have jeans that aren’t ripped & distressed. Jeans get old, or you can buy them ripped…but who wants to feel the chilly breeze of winter on their knee? I think this goes without saying…make sure you have non-distressed jeans for the winter season. On the same line, for the women…tights, panty hose (they are coming back in-style thanks to Kate & Pippa Middleton), leg warmers, thigh-high socks, knee-high socks, etc. Get them in every color, style, print…these leg accessories are key to wearing dresses & skirts…it’s too cold out (& out of season) to be showing off bare legs.

Last, but certainly not least...stock up on classic tees. I personally hate long sleeve shirts, sweaters…I hate having something covering anything past my elbow…so I either don’t buy long-sleeve anything or I roll my sleeves up. But classic tees, whether they’re v-neck, scoop, or crew…they are awesome for layering with other shirts, sweaters, button-downs, etc.



Like my last post…I’ll ask you Blogginistas: What are your winter clothes MUST-HAVES? & also…how do you layer your outfits?

Love always,

BR

5 comments:

  1. Your blogs really make me think about the styles I have been considering. I really love these styles that you mentioned but I feel like they don't look good on my body type. I have a thing for ripped jeans, maybe it's time to pack those jeans away and bring out the typical jeans.

    -jersey_girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never into the whole leg warmer and tights thing until recently. Do you have any suggestions on where to get some cute ones? I also agree with you on the ripped jeans thing it's too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skin 101-

    For classics & basics I love going to The Limited (show your school id & get a discount) and Lord & Taylor. For leg wear that is a little more funky Forever 21 & Free People always have great finds!

    BR

    ReplyDelete
  4. JerseyGirl- I'm in the same boat! nothing seems to work with my body type, or I'm just not confident enough, either way I feel like it's a good eyar to branch out and try new things!

    and thanks brandyrae for all these cute ideas! if only forever21 wasn't so overwhelming!!..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, I love your blog. It's really unique. Pertaining to this particular entry I agree with your suggestions. I LOVE cardigans, I own about 9 of them in different colors. I also wear them till they basically have holes in them so I need a new black one asap. I also love blazers too during the cold weather, that and a scarf is always a cute combination. Other than that, great suggestions.

    Ideally_Flawed

    ReplyDelete