Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dressing Down

Hey Blogginistas!!

So with life being hectic as the end of the semester is hear & retail world is madness my posts have been delayed…I’m going to give you my final thoughts into three different posts  & here’s my first: Dressing Down.

Besides dressing warm during the cold months I love to dress comfy & cozy, & I see this trend everywhere, every year once it hits 40 degrees. It’s an odd pet peeve of mine to wear sweats anywhere…especially a sweat suit. I think it’s sloppy & unattractive…but there is a way to wear them & look good. I understand that when running errands or going to the gym or grabbing coffee…there’s no reason to dress up…but at the same time it’s always good to look presentable.

When I purchase comfy clothes I’m very strategic especially when it comes to finding stuff that doesn’t make me look like a slob. So here’s how I dress comfy & still look appropriate to go out:

#1 Male or female own Hanes v-neck undershirts.  I have so many because they come in a pack of like four or six…they go with everything. They’re casual & with a bit of jewelry or such they look fabulous. I’ve actually gotten away with wearing them at work because I made them look professional! My favorite way to wear Hanes tees is with jeans & boots (not Uggs…that’s when it gets sloppy looking). I usually add a statement necklace & sometimes a sweater & bam! I’m comfy & can go anywhere (including work).

#2 Make sure your sweats fit. If your pants are too tight or too big & baggy things aren’t going to look so good. Now don’t get me wrong…I’ve got plenty of baggy sweats for hanging around the house NEVER for in public. I enjoy wearing Victoria’s Secret PINK pants; both yoga & classic sweats from PINK are appropriate to wear out.

#3 Take advantage of oversized sweaters. I’ve mentioned sweaters & cardigans & how I love them entirely too much, but the possibilities that come with own a few are endless. With jeans or nice look sweats a comfy sweater (especially the ones that can wrap or tie) are my favorite to wear out.


There you have it my dearest Blogginistas. There’s a way to make any type of clothing look good…how do you dress up when dressing down??


Love always,

BR

No comments:

Post a Comment